276-300 High Street, Templestowe Lower
The development comprised a new two storey 5,700m2 STEAM building including food technology, art, several large multi-purpose and practical learning spaces. The project included upgrades to existing buildings with renovations to the Library, staff facilities, student amenities and maintenance works.
Construction was undertaken in a live school environment requiring five separate stages/separable portions of work undertaken sequentially with completed works handed over/occupied prior to commencement of the next stage.
Each construction zone was located within the centre of the campus with construction access through a 4 metre wide corridor from the rear of the school campus past an oval and between occupied buildings.
The development works include:
– New two storey Building D comprising Food Technology, Art, Library, six large Shared and Practical Learning Spaces.
– Refurbishment of Building B – library and administration
– Roof replacement to Buildings A and B
– Partial demolition of Building B and extension amenities block
– Landscape works between Buildings A and B
Efficient programming and execution of works ensuring each milestone was achieved to enable progressive handover of five separable portions.
Effective communication with stakeholders to minimise the impact of construction on school activities and the surrounding residential neighbourhood.
High levels of site coordination/management to ensure build quality and site safety.