Construction of a new multi-purpose sporting and congregational hub
providing recreational, general assembly and religious services for
up to 1500 students. The complex includes basement parking for 40
vehicles one basketball, two volleyball, four badminton courts with
associated change rooms and administrative offices.
The building is constructed using post-tensioned concrete ground
floor slab support on a combination of pre-cast panels and in-situ
concrete columns. The adjacent two storey spaces are steel framed
with a post-tensioned mezzanine floor supported on pre-cast panels
and steel columns. Twelve metre high steel portal frames span the
main hall which can accommodate 1500 people with the retractable
The building features a dramatic architectural form with artworks,
exhibition spaces, bespoke finishes including copper and decorative
The Roman Catholic Trusts Corporation for the Diocese of Melbourne
Accelerated program to meet the desired hand-over date for the College opening ceremony.
Initiated alternative cost neutral waterproofing solution for the basement floor and walls enabling acceleration of the construction program.
Delivered high quality internal/external finishes to a building with complex geometry both with the structure and fabric.
Co-ordination of specialist retractable seating supplier with construction.